Siloxanes Are chemical compounds with a backbone of alternating silicon (Si) and oxygen (O) atoms, each silicon atom bearing one or several organic groups, as be seen in the image 1, are very flexible due to large bond angles and bond lengths compared to those found in more basic polymers. Siloxanes are building blocks for silicone …
The competition for vehicle charging is not only played in the field of power (more power, less time) but also in the format… Cable vs Wireless, where each technology uses its own weapons and faces its disadvantages to position itself as the leading technology.
If we talk about the charging method par excellence today (cable!), the virtues are clear. A safe, cheap, simple and effective system. Virtues that until today have positioned cable charging as the leading system.
But the shortcomings are also clear:
- Being a mechanical element , it has a limited lifetime.
- Some solutions (especially in ultra-fast charging stations) are not as simple and cheap… such as the use of refrigerated hoses.
- exposed to vandalism (theft of hoses to extract copper)
- Requires physical interaction of the user, which can affect the charging experience especially for people with reduced mobility or in adverse weather situations.
On the other hand, wireless charging has been relieved, in many cases more by prejudice than by reality.
- Efficiencies: Currently the efficiencies of wireless charging are in most cases above 90%.
- Maintenance: As there are no moving parts susceptible to breakage or vandalism, maintenance costs are practically nil.
- Visual impact: Everything is integrated with a much lower visual impact.
- User experience: Only those who have experienced wireless charging know that it is a game changer.
The whole process is done without the need to leave the vehicle, so the experience is extremely simple.
All this means that more and more EV manufacturers are adding Wireless as a preferred charging method.
Coolmag allows to coat the coil, forming a thermally conductive solid block, which improves performance, allows higher powers and increases the lifetime by mechanically and thermally protecting the materials that are part of the charge coil. And it can be applied either by potting (gravity) on the coil + Gap Filler between ferrite / Alumnium Shielding or by injection in a single phase, facilitating dramatically the industrialization.
The demand for effective thermal management solutions in electronic equipment is on the rise as a result of rapid technological progress. These solutions aim to ensure that system devices operate at an acceptable temperature level to reduce the risk of damage and ensure the longevity of components. The traditional method of dealing …
Batteries challenge Battery manufacturers are currently challenged to produce large volumes of smaller, lighter, and cheaper lithium batteries. These higher energy density packs deliver more power, over a longer period of time, but to do so they need to avoid overheating and heat spikes, i.e. better thermal control. Thermal control In order …